(I originally wrote about the incident elsewhere, but the tumblr’s for fun, really, so I’m transferring the issue here.)
Paul abandoned his “OceanStratagy”[sic]-Twitter-Account as well, claiming someone had been messing with his iPhone. He said he was going to take a break.
He then changed his handler to “OceanDeepSea”, using it to attack Scott Lowe, who, along with Sean Buckley from Endgadget, has publicly distanced himself and IGN from Paul. (as have G4, Kotaku and basically everyone else Paul claimed to be besties with. I’m honestly waiting fo the mayor of Boston to issue a statement…)In the meantime, the interwebs have found out the following:
- Paul had a court hearing for domestic violence. He claimed that charges were dropped. (I’m not linking this, because the name of the woman really doesn’t matter, nor does sending her facebook messages etc. do any good. You can easily google it, tho.)
- Paul says he’s gotten e-mails and phone calls to his house over this – which probably is what happens when you do things like this AND have your number on the interwebs.
- Paul’s website has been plagiarized.
- Paul claims his family is in danger over controllers.
I beg to differ.
- Searching for different e-mail-addresses (e. g. email@example.com) Paul has used in the past, the interwebs have (so far) discovered
– Paul likes tropical Fish
– Paul likes him some steroids, so maybe this is just a hormonal glitch.
- No, wait – Paul also apparently commited identity theft, pretending to be Brandon Leidel. I think this is the legally gravest offense so far and hope they get him for that, if nothing else.
- And no, he’s really not learning from all of this.
“We apologize for our poor representation from Ocean Marketing. We wanted to give Paul a chance. He was rough around the edges, but he had drive and enthusiasm. However his behavior was unprovoked, unnecessary, and unforgivable. We are no longer represented by Ocean Marketing.”
David Kotkin on Kotaku.
Still really, there’s really no reason to down-vote the controller on Amazon, etc., it’s still assisting disabled gamers and accuracy in controlling, despite the abysmal PR.
The issue’s Christoforo. Even though Dave seems to have forgiven him.